Monday, June 22, 2009

... my misfortune

it all starts with the plan for a trip to vegas...
it's been a while since me and my boys have planned on a trip together for a while, with the economic crisis and our busy schedules it's been loooong due for a good time and a cause for even better stories. but as it turns out it was the most expensive week of my life.
i get a rude awakening on wednesday morning to find that my car along with 5 other cars in the garage of my apartment had been broken into and my gps was stolen. how the f this happend in a gated parking lot just baffles me...
so in a panic to get it fixed, since my car was one of the 2 cars elected to be driven... i rushed around all day trying to find people who could fix it for me instantly. i got recommended by geico to get this company called safelight auto glass to replace the broken window. (great company by the way) they drive to wherever you park your car and fix it on the spot. but having to go to work i drove 20 miles on the highway with no window.... awesome. (yes i live far from where i work) while driving, i hear a slight bang and from the corner of my eye, i see a black thing fly by my window...as it turns out it was my windshield side panel that flew off as well. so while waiting for the guy to fix my window i frantically look for a place that had that part in stock and could replace it for me on that day. good thing i did....but in total the window and the panel had cost me $330. double awesome.
so come friday we're off to vegas. everything went fine...so far. we manage to get to vegas in one piece, check into the hotel and all get ready to go out for the night. so to prep myself for an epic night, i smoke a fatty and head off. having 7 ppl we split up into 2 cabs to go to XS. gino, tiff and i get in the first cab. and joe, billy, carol and peter get in the next. as we arrive we paid the driver and dipped out...only to find...that i had left my phone in the cab. triple awesome! having lost my phone, we just waited around for the 2nd cab to arrive...which never did. we were totally f-ed. not only did i not have my phone anymore...the ppl i was with didnt have the numbers of the other party. even more awesome....and to make matters worse...as we were walking around to look for them at either the entrace of XS or the other cab stand...the heal of my shoe breaks! Fing AWESOME! so after a good hour of running around (or should i say limping like an asshole) and waiting for them to possibly show up...we come up with a plan to find numbers on my phone bill. however my friend tiff (being the smart one) had left her iphone in the hotel room on purpose. so we go back to the hotel, use her phone to log onto my account, find my phone bill and pick a number that seemed some-what familiar and call it. it turns out it was my ex-boyfriends number...who is also friends with the other party that was in vegas...got him to text us billy and joe's numbers and finally got in contact with them. SAVED. in the end with the high potential of the night being an epic fail....it just ended up being epic.

fixing car window: $200
replacing side panel: $130
GPS: $400
lost iphone: $200
fixing of my broken heal: TBD
iphone replacement: $400
my complete and utter disappointment: ....priceless.

on a better note.... the trip overall was actually a great. good company, good times...and even better stories. awesome.



No comments: